Spin-on Series Replacement Cartridge Filter Elements are compatible with Racor’s line of Spin-on Series fuel filter / water separator assemblies. The elements exhibit exceptional removal efficiency of both bulk and emulsified water, low restriction of fuel flow, and high dirt-holding capacity. Their unique design makes them capable of performing in modern diesel and gasoline engine applications, where high-pressure conditions can cause tiny particles of dirt and water to score and erode precision components, leading to engine damage and increased downtime.
The filter body is protected with a durable electrostatically-applied powder coating for superior corrosion resistance. The spin-on filter design is simple to service and features a reusable clear engineering plastic or metal contaminant collection bowl with a self-venting drain for draining out collected contaminants and water.
All Spin-on Series replacement cartridge filter elements utilize Racor’s high-efficiency Aquabloc® engineered media. Aquabloc® is a blend of high-grade cellulose compounded with resins and a special chemical treatment. It incorporates pleat-spacing corrugations and a graduated pore structure to increase dirt-holding capacity and extend filter life. The media is waterproof and rustproof, capturing contaminants while the specially treated surface separates and coalesces water from the fuel, which causes the water to gather into large droplets that then fall into the fuel filter’s collection bowl.
Aquabloc® elements repel water and remove solid contaminants from fuel at 98% efficiency of their micron rating. To meet the unique requirements of customers’ engines, three different micron ratings are available for purchase, including:
30 micron (98%@30 micron) – Ideally suited as a pre-filter to protect downstream filters from excessive contamination. Extends the life of on-engine filters.
• Various sizes, flow rates, and micron ratings (98% efficiency at 4, 10 or 30 micron) available to meet the unique requirements of customers’ filter systems.
• Printing on cans is color-coded for easy identification and application – red lettering for 30 micron primary filtration, blue lettering for 10 micron primary or secondary, and brown lettering for 2 micron secondary/final filtration
• Built in an ISO TS 16949 quality system environment to ISO 14001 Environmental requirements.
• Corrosion-resistant coatings and construction
• Elements exhibit high dirt-holding capacity and long service life
• Reusable, clear engineered plastic or metal collection bowl with self-venting drain